Cisco AnyConnect Mobile Configuration
Installing the Cisco AnyConnect Mobile VPN App
- For iOS Devices (iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch): Visit the App Store on your device and search for "Cisco AnyConnect". The app is free to download. Alternatively, you can use these direct download links for the iPhone/iPod Touch app or the iPad app
- For Android Devices: Visit the Android Market on your device and find the "Cisco AnyConnect for Samsung" app, which is free to download. AnyConnect for Android is supported on the following Samsung product lines, provided the devices are running the latest software update from Samsung:
- Galaxy S running Android 2.3.3 or later.
- Galaxy S II running Android 2.3.3 or later.
- Galaxy S III running Android 4.0 or later.
- Galaxy W running Android 2.3.5 or later.
- Galaxy Tab 8.9 running Android 3.0 or later.
- Galaxy Tab 10.1 running Android 3.1 or later.
- Galaxy Note running Android 3.0 or later.
- Note running Android 2.3.3 or later
- Epic 4G Touch running Android 4.0 or later
*Although other Samsung Android devices may work, only those listed here are officially supported at this time.
Support for other mobile devices is not available at this time.
Configuring the Cisco AnyConnect Mobile VPN app
- Once the AnyConnect application is installed, launch the app from your device, and tap "Add VPN Connection".
- Name the description either "UAF VPN", or "SW VPN" or something that you will recognize.
- In the Server Address field,
- For UAF, enter:
- For Statewide, enter:
- For UAF, enter:
- Leave "Network Roaming" turned ON, and "Use Certificates" turned OFF.
- Tap "Save"
- To Start VPN, turn the slider to "ON"
- Enter your UA Username and Password when prompted.
- If you need to reset your password, visit ELMO.
- You should now be connected.