Cisco AnyConnect VPN Configuration Instructions
Cisco AnyConnect On Your Mobile Device
Mobile applications and support for Cisco AnyConnect is also available. Visit the Mobile VPN page for detailed information.
Downloading the Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client
- Navigate to the service page from one of the following addresses:
- Log in using your UA Username and Password
- The AnyConnect software is available for Windows, Macintosh, and Linux (RHEL, and Ubuntu only) operating systems. The webpage will determine the proper software for your computer.
- You may be prompted to allow the software to run on your computer. Depending on your computer's configuration, you may be required to select "OK", "Accept", or "Allow".
- The web installation will proceed. If successful, you will see a message indicating that you are now connected.
- If the automated web installation fails, you will be prompted to manually download the AnyConnect application. When asked, save the file to a convenient location, and proceed to the "Manually Installing the Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client" procedure. Otherwise, you have completed the installation process and should receive notice that you are now connected.
Manually Installing the Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client
- Go to the location where you downloaded the install file and double-click to begin the installation.
- A screen will appear displaying the installation window. Follow the on-screen prompts as directed to complete the installation.
- The VPN installation requires your computer account to have administrator privelages. If you do not have this access, please contact the OIT Support Center for assistance.
Launching the Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client
- To launch the Cisco AnyConnect VPN client, select the Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client link located at:
- For Windows: Start > Programs > Cisco > Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client
- For Mac: Applications > Cisco > Cisco Any Connect VPN Client
Configuring the Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client:
- After launching the Cisco AnyConnect VPN client, you may be asked for the address of the VPN server you would like to access. To access the VPN service for your MAU, enter the corresponding address:
- UAF: uaf-1.vpn.alaska.edu
- SW: swf-1.vpn.alaska.edu
- Next, click the " Select " button. A listing of groups will be provided automatically.
- Lastly, enter your UA Username and password into the spaces provided and choose " Connect".
- To disconnect, right-click on the Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client icon in the system tray or menu bar and choose "Disconnect". This will disconnect you from the VPN service but will still leave the client running in the background. Choosing "Quit" will disconnect you and exit the client as well.
This product will not remove the older versions of the Cisco VPN Client.