OIT Self Service (OS X)
Installing software with OIT Self Service
Customers that have an Apple OS X computer can take advantage of OIT Self Service to download and install software managed by OIT.
Verifying that you have OIT Self Service
You can verify that you have OIT Self Service installed by checking for the existence of the OIT Self Service application in your Applications directory. You can further validate functionality by verifying that you can open OIT Self Service and are able to login with your UA credentials.
Installing OIT Self Service
- OS X 10.6.8 or newer
- Active network connection
- Computer owned by UAF or SW
Enrolling in the Casper Management Suite
- Go to the Casper Management Enrollment Page
- Please Note: When enrolling your Mac into the Casper Management Suite make sure you are the primary user of the machine.
- Login with your UA Username and Password
- Follow the on screen guide for completing the installation
A: OIT Self Service allows for the streamlined installation of software managed by OIT. It also allows for the presentation of updates for these applications once they are installed.
Q: Does this cost me any money?
A: No, OIT covers the cost of the Casper Management Suite.