Installation Info: Macintosh
UA Key Server - Installation Procedures for Macintosh Installation
If you have Norton Anti-Virus protection on, it will ask for permission to suspend that protection during the installation process. Click to allow this suspension.
- Save your work, and quit applications. Your Macintosh will need to reboot.
- To track and regulate use, first install the current version of Key Server Client software.
[Be sure to click on the link to the KeyClient application KSClient.sea, not the link to the vendor's information site.]
- Launch the Key Server Client installer.
- Click on the Install button.
- During installation, you should be presented with a dialog box to designate the KeyServer to which you will connect. Check the IP Host option.
- In the Internet Host Name or IP Address box enter keys.alaska.edu
- Click on the OK button.
- Click on the Log On button to verify that you can connect to the UA KeyServer; if you do not receive on-screen confirmation, contact the Service Center for assistance.
- Launch a web browser and come back to this page.
- Download each software installer for the application(s) you want to install.
- Copy the serial number for the software application you wish to install.
- Install the software application.
- When you get to the user information field where the serial number is required; fill in your name.
- In the Organization or Company field enter University of Alaska.
- In the Serial Number field enter your application's Mac serial number. You can also paste in the serial number if you copied it from the here.
- Complete the installation of the application. Repeat for all software application installations.
- When you have completed installing all software applications, restart your computer.