Blackboard Collaborate is a web collaboration tool used for conducting online meetings and classes.
Blackboard Inc. acquired Elluminate Inc. in 2010, and as part of that merger also aquired their web collaboration tool Elluminate Live (eLive!). Since that merger, Blackboard and the eLive! developershave been hard at work improving the tool. The result is a rebranded tool called Blackboard Collaborate that has all of the same features as eLive!, but also includes a long list of improvements and fixes.
Among those new features are:
- Integrated Telephony -- Don't have a microphone, poor internet connection? Call into the web conference with a telephone.
- Mobile Support - There is a Collaborate App for iOS, and Android, and it works directly with the Blackboard Mobile App, or when accessing collaborate links from your email.
- No more Java required on Mac operating systems. The new Collaborate Launcher is now a stand alone application that is not dependent on the Java version installed on your system.
- Better integration with Blackboard Learn.
First Time Users
Please go through the steps below by clicking on each button, and following the instructions.
You can also direct your attendees to this page, or the configuration room in Step 2 so they can check their systems ahead of your class or meeting.
For Support, please contact the OIT Support Center at 450-8300, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
More Support Resources
- Blackboard Collaborate Support Portal
- Collaborate Video Tutorial
- Participant Quick Reference Guide
- Moderator Quick Reference Guide
- On Demand Learning Center
- Collaborate Launcher Quick Reference Guide
- Collaborate Support Portal & Knowledge Base
- Collaborate Launcher (MAC, Zip file)
- Collaborate Launcher (Windows)