Phishing Alert | Email Subject: "Dear Alaska Subscriber:"
OIT has been receiving notices of a phishing email making it's way into people inboxes. The email informs the recipient that strange activity has been detected on their account and proof of account ownership is needed to verify the account.
A link to a Google Doc is provided.
If you have received this message in your Google Apps @ UA email account, you can report the message as a phishing attempt using Google's Report Phishing tool.
If you received this message in any other email account, please delete the message.
Additionally, you can report the Google Docs Form as Phishing using the "Report Abuse" link in the lower left of the page.
The email message is:
The email asks the recipient to go to a webform and submit their Full Name, Email Address, Password, Future Password, and Date of Birth.
DO NOT reply to this email or fillout the form. If you did, you should immediately change your password using ELMO.
Here are a few of the things to look for when identifying this message as phishing:
- The email does not reference the University of Alaska, or OIT.
- The email does not provide University of Alaska contact information.
- The email is not from an OIT, or University of Alaska email address.
- The webpage does not have any University of Alaska or OIT logos.
- The webpage is not a login for any University of Alaska online services.