Phishing Alert | Email Subject: "Account Owner"
OIT has been receiving notices of a phishing email making it's way into people inboxes. The email informs the recipient that their email account has exceeded the maximum number of messages, and requires re-activation.
A link to a Google Doc is provided.
If you have received this message in your Google Apps @ UA email account, you can report the message as a phishing attempt using Google's Report Phishing tool.
If you received this message in any other email account, please delete the message.
The email message is:
The email asks the recipient to go to a webform and submit their Full Name, Email Username, Password, Re-Enter Password, and Date of Birth.
DO NOT reply to this email or fillout the form. If you did, you should immediately change your password using ELMO.
Here are a few of the things to look for when identifying this message as phishing:
- The email does not reference the University of Alaska, or OIT.
- The email does not provide University of Alaska contact information.
- The email is not from an OIT, or University of Alaska email address .
- The email receipient is not an University of Alaska email address (yours or a listserv).
- The webpage does not have any University of Alaska or OIT logos.
- The webpage is not a login for any University of Alaska online services.