Phishing Alert | Email Subject: "Technical Support"
OIT has been receiving notices of a phishing email making it's way into people inboxes. The email reports the recipient may be infected with spyware and directs them to a non-University login page.
If you have received this message in your Google Apps @ UA email account, you can report the message as a phishing attempt using Google's Report Phishing tool.
If you received this message in any other email account, please delete the message.
The email message is:
The email asks the recipient to go a web form. The form asks for Email and Password.
If you provided your Username and Password, you should immediately change your password using ELMO.
Here are a few of the things to look for when identifying this message as phishing:
- The email is not from OIT.
- The email signature does not reference OIT.
- A notice about spyware infection would not be in email.
- The login page is not a University of Alaska login page.
- The form URL is not a University of Alaska address.
http://opm.org.ph/auaf.php redirects to http://www.techisland.co.uk/UAF.htm
Please be aware of the addresses for your login pages.