Phishing Alert | Email
OIT has been receiving notices of a phishing email making it's way into people inboxes. The email a recent upgrade requires the recipient's account to be updated to prevent deactivation.
If you have received this message in your Google Apps @ UA email account, you can report the message as a phishing attempt using Google's Report Phishing tool.
If you received this message in any other email account, please delete the message.
The email message is:
The email asks the recipient to go a website to update the account.
If you provided your Username and Password, you should immediately change your password using ELMO.
Here are a few of the things to look for when identifying this message as phishing:
- The email is not from OIT.
- The email signature does not reference the University of Alaska or OIT.
- The email uses poor grammar.
- The email tells you to "update" your account.
- The email alludes to an impending problem if you don't act.
"However, if your account information is not confirmed and verified within certain period you will have to lose your account."
- The given link is not a University of Alaska address.
Please be aware of the addresses for your login pages.