Updates to OIT's Website and Service Catalog
The OIT website contains two types of content— Roxen based content which is editable within Roxen and content fed to the website from a secure storage outside of Roxen. OIT’s service catalog includes information pages about each service. These are fed from a secure database. OIT users may make updates directly to the Roxen based content within the website, as well as request updates to the OIT service catalog. Both types are subject to the change management process depicted in the OIT change workflow for website and service catalog. The OIT Website Guidelines are also available as a reference when making changes to the OIT website or service catalog. The steps below outline the site and catalog change management process.
PLEASE NOTE: Updates made to the OIT website are published for approval within a Roxen workflow. This process is in place to help maintain consistency throughout the site and to inform the OIT Service Desk of changes to the site so they may communicate current information to service recipients. Approval requests submitted before noon on weekdays will be addressed by 4 p.m. that same day. Requests for changes to the site submitted after noon on weekdays will be addressed by 4 p.m. the following weekday. More than likely, approval will be made within minutes of the request being submitted.
Making updated to the OIT website in Roxen
Making updates to the OIT site in Roxen:
1. After entering edit mode in Roxen, OIT User updates content on OIT website.
2. When ready to save change(s), within Insite Editor, OIT User selects one of two options—"Publish" or "Publish and Approve". These are presented when selecting the green Publish button along top menu bar. Selecting "Publish" merely saves the changes for that user; while "Publish and Approve" submits the change to the OIT Admin Group to continue on with the next step of the change process.
3. With the selection of "Publish and Approve" OIT Admin reviews the change(s) and either Approves or responds to OIT User with changes.
4. An email is sent to the OIT Admin group with confirmation of the approval. OIT Admin then notifies the OIT User that the change has been approved.
Making changes to an OIT service information page
1. Information pages about OIT’s services on the website are fed from a secure database that is accessible only by the database administrators. To request a change to an information page, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit a request that contains the URL where the service index is located on the OIT website, the verbiage as it currently exists on the site, the preferred verbiage, and any other pertinent information.
2. An email is sent to you with confirmation that the request has been received. An email is also sent to you with notification when the change has been made.
Adding a service or category to the OIT Service Catalog
1. Fill out the service index template then send as an attachment to email@example.com or add a file with self-service request , asking that a new service or category be added to the OIT service catalog. In the request, if possible, include the service catalog category(ies) where the service should be grouped.
2. An email is sent to you with confirmation that the request has been received. An email will be sent to you with notification the new service has been has been added, including the service information page in Roxen and subcategories and specifics request forms in Cherwell.
For additional questions regarding changes to the OIT website or service catalog, contact to the OIT Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.