||Your Supervisory Role & Responsibilities During Union Organizing Campaigns
||Supervisors play a pivotal role in ensuring a productive work environment. In this session, learn about the organizing process for employees who are non-represented, what employees’’ rights are and how those rights apply within the workplace. This training provides supervisors with guidance to recognize actions that may violate employees’ rights to organize; and how to avoid and/ or address such actions.
• Overview of the History of Unionization at UA
• Employees’ Rights to Organize
• Organizing Process and Organizing Activities at UA
• T.I.P.S. for Supervisors
• What Supervisors Can and Should Not Do During Organizing Campaigns
||This session is open to UA supervisors* only. It will be delivered as an in-person session in Fairbanks. An Anchorage session is forthcoming.
* "SUPERVISOR": a person who hires, trains, evaluates performance, and initiates or effectively recommends corrective actions.