Memo from Gamble Inviting Comment and Review
In May 2013, President Gamble sent a memo to Staff Alliance Chair Juella Sparks and Statewide Administration Assembly President Monique Musick, regarding a draft version of a performance appraisal form that he has been working with the Human Resources office to create. In the memo, he invited comment and review on the draft.
The form is intended to be the basis of a conversation between an employee and their supervisor and to include a more "whole person" evaluation in the process. Please take a moment to read the memo to better understand the intent and background of the proposed draft. MEMO.
Draft Performance Appriasal Form
The following form is the first draft of a new type of performance evaluation proposed for use at Statewide. SAA invites staff to take this opportunity to review the form, and to provide feedback on both the form and the possible processes for implementing it. Your feedback will be used to help SAA create a formal response to the proposed form, and to make suggestions for edits and processes.
Some things to consider:
- Will this form be useful to you? If not, why not?
- Does it give you enough information to review the performance of an employee? If not, what more do you need?
- Do you see value in this "whole person" type of performance review?
- Does the scale seem fair and easy to use?
- What do you think is important when implementing a new evaluation tool?
Thank you for your input!
Please submit your responses using the form below, or by contacting any SAA member.