- UA’s Fisheries Seafood Maritime initiative focuses on industry needs, May 2012
- Visit to Ketchikan Highlights Fisheries, Seafood and Maritime Workforce Needs, Aug 2012
- Industry Leaders use 2nd forum to guide FSMI workforce development plan, Oct 2012
- Gamble reaches out to Kodiak community for FSMI guidance, Oct 2012
- Industry and Agency Partners show strong FSMI support to Board of Regents in Sitka, Apr 2013
Presentation to House Fisheries Special Committee, January 2013
On January 31, 2013, FSMI Industry and University representatives presented an update of the FSMI's work on building a collaborative statewide Workforce Development Plan to the Alaska House of Representatives, House Special Committee on Fisheries. The video is available on North 360 Gavel Alaska. The FY14 UA Budget Request was also mentioned to the Committee. Click here to view the presentation slides and click here for the FSMI FY14 UA Budget Highlights handout.
Presentation to House Fisheries Special Committee, February 2012
On February 9, 2012, Michael Castellini, Dean, School of Fisheries and Ocean Sciences, Fred Villa, Associate Vice President for UA Statewide Workforce Programs, Office of Academic Affairs and Gunnar Knapp, Professor Economics, UAA – Institute of Social of Economic Research presented an update on the University of Alaska Fisheries, Seafood Maritime Initiative to the Alaska House of Representatives, House Special Committee on Fisheries. The presentation is available on Gavel to Gavel and you can view the accompanying power point here.