A Guide to Working with the Rasmuson Foundation
As of January 2011, the UA Foundation is the exclusive access point to working with the Rasmuson Foundation. This includes applying for all charitable gifts and grants. This page has been created to assist faculty and staff in obtaining contributions from the Rasmuson Foundation. Please follow these steps when working with the Rasmuson Foundation.
Is there a University of Alaska program that you think the Rasmuson Foundation would be interested in funding?
Are you ready to submit a proposal?
You’ll work with the University of Alaska Foundation staff to provide Rasmuson Foundation with specific University of Alaska and University of Alaska Foundation information, including:
- IRS 501(c)(3) Tax Exemption Letter
- List of Board of Regents
- List of Board of Trustees
- Documentation of Board Giving
- UA Current Year Operating Budget
- UA Foundation Current Year Operating Budget
- UA Audited Financial Statements
- UA Foundation Audited Financial Statements
Proposal Deadlines & Funding Timelines
Rasmuson Foundation has different deadlines based on the tier level of an application. It is CRUCIAL that you plan according to these deadlines:
- Tier 1: Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis, funding decisions are generally made within 90 days.
- Tier 2 LOI: Tier 2 LOIs are accepted year round. Tier 2 grants are awarded during the biannual board meetings, which generally take place in July and early December. Before submitting a Tier 2 LOI, please discuss your idea with a Rasmuson Foundation program officer.
Other Helpful Information
Questions? Call Michelle Publicover at 907-786-1020.