At the University of Alaska, we recognize the importance of a quality education and are dedicated to helping you achieve your higher education goals. The University of Alaska Foundation offers more than $3 million in scholarship awards annually, making higher education possible for any student who seeks it. Scholarships are available to students attending any campus of the University of Alaska (Anchorage, Fairbanks, Southeast and all community campuses). Many options are available, with hundreds of students receiving awards based on merit, financial need, outstanding achievement in specialized fields, or any combination of these criteria.
Since most scholarships are awarded early in the spring of each academic year, applications must be received by February 15th, to be considered for most scholarships. Any applications received through July 15, will be used for any late awarded scholarships or any new scholarship that may open up.
It’s easy to apply for scholarships! Most scholarships are awarded from one application on UAOnline. The only way to have a shot at FREE money is to apply!
“My goals may take years, and it may be challenging at times, but this is the pathway that is preparing my entire future. I gratefully appreciate your contribution to help me turn my dreams into a success.”
- Tabitha Cook, UAS, recipient of Yukon Delta Fisheries Development Association Scholarship
APPLYING FOR SCHOLARSHIPS
Please review these instructions
- Step 1: Scholarship eligibility is dependent on admission to the University of Alaska. Apply for admission to the UA Campus you wish to attend by February 15. The admission application can be completed online.
- Step 2: Go to UAOnline and complete the required online scholarship application. Once logged in, choose Scholarships under the Student Services menu. The UAOnline portion of the scholarship application, including the personal profile, is required: you will not be considered for scholarships if this is not completed.
- Step 3: Click on the UA in the scholarship application, or return to this page, and complete the supplemental application (provide a link to the supplemental application) if you wish to apply for these specific scholarships.
- Step 4: To receive full consideration for need-based scholarships, you must submit a completed Free Application for Federal Financial Aid (FAFSA) by February 15th. The FAFSA helps us determine your eligibility for any financial need based scholarships.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Submitting an incomplete application or failing to adhere to the requirements will result in disqualification. You will not be considered for scholarships unless you are admitted or have applied for admissions to a degree program. All selection criteria not required for scholarships will be obtained from your UA student record (e.g. degree program, academic major, class standing, etc.). You must be sure your UA student record is as complete and accurate as possible.
Many more campus specific scholarships are available by contacting the financial aid office at the UA campus you are planning to attend. Please visit the links provided in the left-hand column.
NOTE: To apply for any scholarships, students must first apply for admission to the UA campus they plan to attend. Apply for scholarships at UA Online. Additional information may be needed for some scholarships. Please visit the links below: