Education and Outreach
Alaska EPSCoR conducts a number of education and outreach projects, which serve the dual purposes of bolstering K-12 science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) education and of enabling the flow of information between EPSCoR, the University of Alaska, and the Alaskan public.
In addition to education and outreach undertaken as part of Alaska EPSCoR's central research project, the organization also runs a separate program called The Modern Blanket Toss, which uses unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV's) as tools to excite high school students about the sciences.
- GoPro footage (video) of educational research by EPSCoR grantee Carie Green
- The EOD Component (pdf): "Getting the Word Out"
- 2016 Alaska Native Engagement Grants (pdf)
- The Model Arctic Council (pdf): "The Arctic Writ Small"
- Kachemak Bay Research Reserve (pdf): "Drawing Crowds on Kachemak Bay"
- Hackathon (pdf): "EPSCoR Sponsors Interior Alaska Hackathon"
- Engaging Young Children as Active Researchers (pdf): "Through Their Eyes"
- Upward Bound QGIS Class (pdf): "A Solid Grounding"
- SES cohort (pdf): "EPSCoR SES Cohort Takes Flight"
- Storytelling project (pdf): "Science and Stories"
- The Modern Blanket Toss project (pdf): "Up, Up and Away"