The below research and programmatic highlights are from Phase III of Alaska EPSCoR, which ran from 2007-12. Highlights from Phase IV research are coming soon.
PDF highlights of individual students and faculty:
- Lil Alessa: "A Big Thinker at the Core"
- Robin Bronen: "A New Kind of Migrant"
- Stacey Fritz: "Trek of the Tundra Daisy"
- Michael Golub: "Charging Ahead"
- Erica Hill: "From South America to Russia, Studying 'The Undiscovered Country'"
- Claudia Ihl: "Research at the Edge of the World"
- Emilie Springer: "Fishing for Knowledge"
- Katey Walter: "Bubbling with Possibilities"
- Yuri Shur and colleagues: "A Discovery of Glacial Proportions"
- John Scanlin: "Is Anybody Out There?"
- Ramy Brooks: "From Iditarod to Engineering Lab"
- Jordan Lewis: "A New Look at Growing Old"
- Sanjay Pyare: "Our Man in Juneau"
- Ryota Kajita and Kyle Wendler: "Preserving Preservation"
- Yoko Kugo: "Weaving a Thesis"
PDF program and event highlights:
- The Living on Earth Workshop: "A Workshop With a View"
- The Living on Earth II Workshop: "Living on Earth Returns"
- The 2009 Western Alaska Interdisciplinary Science Conference (WAISC): "Nome-Based Education"
- The 2010 WAISC: "Science Conference Goes Dutch"
- The 2011 WAISC: 'WAISC Comes to Bethel"
- The Alaska Biogeography course: "Educating the Educators"
- The OneTree program: "OneTree to Teach Them All"
- Exploring Climate Change Through Dance: "A Moving Combination"
- The GLOBE Program in Thailand: "Skeeter Ambassadors"
- The GLOBE Ushaia webcast: "Finding Common Ground on Climate Change"
- Michael Golub: electric car conversion
- Stephanie Martin: human migration
- Derek Sikes: insect specimen storage
- Nick Straka: dam removal
- Paula Williams: campus sustainability