How Can Business/Industry Engage in Education?
It begins with asking yourself, how can my agency partner with K-12 education? Below are six strategies to engage and support K-12 education:
- Create or share Industry Curriculum that could be aligned with secondary and/or post secondary curriculum and would lead to an industry credential, certificate or a degree. Click here to see an example.
- Create and share video clips of the workplace that could be shared on this website. Check out the examples below:
Alaska Ship and Drydock Video
Process Tech Video
- Provide Teacher Externship opportunities to Alaskan educators. Click here for more information.
- Provide high school students with school to apprenticeship opportunities. For more information, click here or contact the Statewide Apprenticeship Coordinator for more information.
- Provide middle and high school students with job shadowing opportunities. Contact the Statewide Tech Prep Coordinator for more information.
- Request to sit on a secondary and/or post secondary education or Regional Training Advisory Committee. Contact the Statewide Tech Prep Coordinator for more information.
Alaska Tech Prep makes it possible for Alaska to grow its own workforce. It’s Personal. It’s Engaging. It’s Alaskan.