Annual Leave Cash-In Guidelines for Local 6070 Employees

The annual leave cash-in program for Local 6070 employees is effective through December 31, 2012, per Article 12.2.C. of the current collective bargaining agreement.

Please review the question and answer section below to learn more about the program.


Frequently Asked Questions

Who is eligible to request a cash-in of their Annual Leave?

  • All Local 6070 employees in an annual leave eligible position are eligible to participate in the annual leave cash-in program effective January 1, 2004.
  • The annual leave cash-in can only occur in the requested pay period if the employee is working in a job that is annual leave eligible in that pay period.
  • The employee's job must be in active status (i.e., not in off-contract status or LWOP status) in the requested pay period.

How much Annual Leave can I request and how often can I request it?

  • Eligible employees may request to cash-in up to 40 hours of their annual leave in any pay period during each fiscal year. There is no limit on the number of requests made during each fiscal year. The fiscal year period for the program is defined as any pay period in which the payroll check/deposit is issued between July 1 and June 30.
  • Employees must have 40 hours remaining in their annual leave bank after the cash-in hours are deducted.
  • The prior payroll period's annual leave balance will be used to determine the minimum 40 hour requirement and the maximum hours allowed to be cashed-in.

When does the annual leave cash-in program take effect?

  • An eligible Local 6070 employee can make a request to cash-in their annual leave effective January 1, 2004.

How do I make a request to cash-in my annual leave?

  • Employees must request their annual leave cash-in by recording the cash-in hours in the "Total Hours" column on their timesheet using earnings code 515 (Annual Leave Cash-In). Recording hours in daily increments on the timesheet is not required.

How can I review my prior annual leave cash-in requests?

  • Paid cash-in hour totals from a particular fiscal year can be reviewed through UAOnline ( Once you log into UAOnline, select Employee Services, Pay Information, and then Earnings History. Select the appropriate fiscal year period (July of one calendar year to June of the next calendar year) and click Display. The cash-in hours will be listed under "Annual Leave Cash-In."

Additional Information

  • Employees will not accrue additional leave on the cashed-in hours.
  • The cash-in hours are not eligible for PERS, TRS, ORP, or UA Pension benefits.
  • The cash-in requests are to be processed in regular payroll runs only.
  • Requests for cash-in hours cannot be submitted for a payroll period that has already been processed or through a revised timesheet submission.
  • Cash-in hours that have already been processed and paid cannot be revoked.

If you have any questions regarding these processing guidelines, contact your regional Human Resources Office or send an email to

Back to Top