Special Transportation Benefit
What travel benefits are available under the health plan?
- If the medical services you need are not available in your community, travel is allowed to the nearest hospital or health care provider able to meet your needs. Transportation may be by air, ambulance, railroad, or commercial airlines.
What does the travel benefit cover?
- Up to 3 round trip tickets to the nearest facility capable of treating your condition.
How do I get reimbursed?
- To get reimbursed you must:
- Complete a Blue Cross claim form
- Include date of travel and destination
- Attach your boarding passes and a receipt showing the cost of the flight
- Attach a letter of medical necessity from your physician
What if travel is necessary for a minor child?
- If you have a minor child age 17 or younger who needs medical treatment, airfare will be paid for one accompanying parent or guardian for each trip (3 round trips total)