Accidental Death & Dismemberment
What are the exclusions to coverage?
Benefits will not be paid if the loss results directly or indirectly from any of the following:
- War or an act of war, whether declared or not
- Taking part in a riot or insurrection, or an act of riot or insurrection
- Service in the armed forces of any country, combination of countries, or international organization at war, whether declared or not
- Any physical or mental disease
- Any infection, except a pyogenic infection that occurs from an accidental wound
- An assault or felony you commit
- Suicide or attempted suicide while sane or insane
- Intentional self-inflicted injury, while sane or insane
- The use of any drug, unless you use it as prescribed by a doctor
- Your intoxication, which is limited to operating a passenger vehicle while you are intoxicated; "intoxication" and "intoxicated" mean your blood alcohol level at death or dismemberment exceeds the legal limit for operating a motor vehicle in the jurisdiction in which the loss occurs. "Passenger vehicle" means a four-wheel car of the private passenger type, including pickup trucks, motor homes and vans with a load capacity of one ton or less.